Tagline

Kayaker, Engineer, Athlete, Tinkerer

Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Stelvio

The Stelvio Pass is the second highest pass in Europe, the first is the l'Iseran, which I was able to see two years ago in france. I had known this was nearby, and helped convince me that I should try to attend Worlds this year. Thursday afternoon most of us took the afternoon of and decided it was a nice day for a drive.
48 Switchbacks up to the top.

I was able to get behind the wheel for part of the drive up and while it was quite good, the road is narrow with lots of other cars, motorcycles, and cyclists. 



The first snow sighting led to impromptu sled runs with hazard signs

A few of these looked runnable, downstream had more potential

There's still lots of snow at the top,  people are even still skiing at the moment

Looking off the other side 

It was nice to have an afternoon doing something cool completely unrelated to training

No comments:

Post a Comment