Tagline

Kayaker, Engineer, Athlete, Tinkerer

Friday, June 29, 2012

Day Off

The past couple days have been a little different for sure.  I've been battling a fever while still trying to race and generally feeling pretty bad most of the time, its pretty hot around here, mid 80's with bright sunlight.  But today there were no races so I was off completely.  Did a little boat repair in the morning to get it ready for the sprints and then went for a drive with my mother and the Sidell's up to Val'd'Isere and the Col de l'Iseran.  I was up there about a week and a half earlier and it was amazing how much snow was gone, but the upside was now it was very comfortable in a tshirt and it was possible to hike up the one side mountain.  
After dinner I was dropped back at the team house.  Sometimes it's nice just to get away for a little bit.  I got a little motivation for tomorrow by watching Talladega Nights. Now I just have to rest up again and execute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment