Tagline

Kayaker, Engineer, Athlete, Tinkerer

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 1 Recap

Today was the classic race. I haven't been feeling the best lately but it's race day so there's nothing else I can do.  I had a nice warm up from Bourg and made it to the start in plenty of time to get out stretch my legs and drink some water. As I was sitting in the start eddy watching the time count down it really hit me that I was competing in the world championships.  I wasn't really that nervous, I had felt good about my training and felt good about my lines, now all I had to do was execute. I felt as though I had good lines but at the first 3rd I was down 5 secs off my other time trial so I really dug on the flats.  The bottom third of the course I felt really good on, I was able to keep the boat moving and even caught up to a canadian boat in front of me, which I was able to pass in the corner of the sprint course without losing too much time.  All in all it was a good race and I am proud of how I did. I was 45th out of the 67 that finished.  And it turns out I have been running a fever at 99.9 degrees so hopefully that goes away soon

No comments:

Post a Comment