Tagline

Kayaker, Engineer, Athlete, Tinkerer

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

ER to Finals

About a week ago I was having some chest pains which were getting more frequent, so instead of just waiting around  I went to the ER.   After many tests:  EKG, blood enzyme, and chest x-ray nothing was determined to be wrong.  My instructions were if it hurts stop other than that I was good to go. The plan was to ease back into training to see if there were any triggers for the pain.  So far winter has been decent, raining pretty frequently and not getting really cold yet.  So while most people are studying and living in the library, I've had a couple good days of training.  Sunday's weather forecast looked good: sunny, no wind, and a balmy 36 degrees.  The day before I ran 9 miles so the plan for Sunday was to paddle from Bellefonte to Howard with a bike shuttle.  Turned out to be really nice day and wasn't that bad.  Ending on the lake, with the only ripples coming from the stern of my boat was really cool.  I did end up cutting it a little close though. While finishing with the sun setting behind my back was really cool, the temperature dropped hard.  In the process of changing clothes, all of my wet gear outside froze into one solid lump, but all in all it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment